At the risk of sounding preachy, we all know that sharing and kindness are two virtues we all need to cultivate and nurture in our lives. Conversely greed and selfishness are two vices that constantly get us into tight spots in life. Below are 10 Reasons why we should always look into giving more rather than always trying to get more for ourselves.
First off, it’s a basic fact of nature. The more you give, the more you receive. It’s simply stated in Newton’s third law of motion: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The more you give and share love, happiness and thoughtful gifts, the more those same things will be given to you. It really is that simple.
- Giving actually makes you feel physically feel better. It’s a proven medical and scientific fact that consistent givers and altruistic people generally enjoy better health. The feeling of happiness you get from giving releases endorphins in the brain that promote wellness and relieves stress. Stress is the cause of such medical problems as high blood pressure and persistent depression. It’s simple – give more and enjoy better health.
- People who give enjoy a more fulfilling and social life. Giving and volunteering opens up your social circles and creates new connections in life that would have never occurred if you stayed in your little corner. So if you are tired of being lonely, start giving more and watch your life’s connections bloom and flourish.
- Giving increases your gratitude for life. When you feel life is treating you unfairly and nothing is going your way, it stems for putting all the focus on yourself. Giving allows you to take the focus off “me, me, me” and think about others. The more you give, the more you realize how really good life is.
- Giving generates goodwill. The more people see you as a kind giving person, the more others will grant you favors and give you chances and opportunities in life.
- Giving allows for newer and better things to come to your life. When you hold on so tightly to possessions and money, it prevents new things from coming your way. Become a giver and see the amazing blessings that enter your life.
- Givers are always blessed in tough times. As a giver when you encounter tough situations, all the people you have given to in the past will stand in line to give you a helping hand. When givers stumble, they are back on their feet and back to normal in no time at all.
- Givers experience less regrets in life. Most bad decisions in life come from being selfish and always putting yourself first. As a giver, you know that being first in line, having more money, winning every argument, etc are not the most important things in life. Make a decision to give more and watch all your regrets and bad decisions in life dwindle down to nothing.
- Giving creates a higher self-esteem. The more gratitude and kindness we show others, the more we feel better and more confident about ourselves. As we all know, confidence and self-esteem are extremely vital in life.
- Lastly – Giving makes us HAPPIER. Living a sad, dejected, depressed and unfulfilling life is no way to survive. Take all the reasons above and find something that motivates you to give rather than receive, and it’s an absolute surety that you’ll have sunshine and joy all the days of your life.